Saturday, October 5, 2013

FROM THE RUNWAY- HERBERT VICTORIA: EMERGING DESIGNER AT PHOENIX FASHION WEEK 2013





Herbert Victoria

Interview with the Sol Sisters

The Sol Sisters connected with the talented designer Herbert after presenting his collection at Phoenix Fashion Week. We have to say we were not disappointed. We love his funkiness, eclecticism, and tribal prints. An additional favorite of his collection is that he designs for women with curves and emphasizes women’s good attributes. Herbert is ready to take on the world and we couldn’t be happier for him. He wants to make a difference, stand for something, and working towards finding his voice in the Fashion and Political world. We asked him 5 questions where he was able to share with us his dreams, inspiration, and goals.


What are your favorite stores for inspiration and where would you want your collection to be sold at?
Definitely Urban Outfitters. Also Macy’s. The price point is around what my clothes are at and working towards getting my collection being purchased by one of the buyers (cross our fingers).

What is your current favorite fashion trend?
Jumpsuits. I noticed it has picked up now. I also love the original Levi jeans with the acid wash.

What are your plans for the future?
Build my brand. I want to tell a significant story with Herbert Victoria in the political world. Individually, I want to be known as a role model in the fashion and the politics.

What is the age group you are targeting in your designs?
27-35. I guess at 27 you are starting your career you have that significant salary and as you progress in your 30’s you get into travel. You are not quite yet in a relationship so I am honing into the career and travel aspect of my client.

What is your favorite season for fashion?
Summer. To be honest is less work. The material too is different because in summer you can wear a lot of prints, a lot of colors.
For more information:






No comments:

Post a Comment